Monday, January 02, 2012

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

Tonight I went to see 'The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo'. This is the David Fincher remake.
I saw it in the same cinema I saw the original. It is hard to say which was the better, I would probably choose the original - if only because the remake didn't really add much, or anything to the original. The new one might have been better suited if they had relocated it to the USA.
It was a tad odd watching this made for English speaking/reading audiences - that was set in Sweden featuring Swedish characters. So lots of things written in Swedish - as you would expect. Except all the stuff that was important to the viewer to understand - all the main characters wrote/ typed in English. An amazing skill.

I love the cinema experience. It is always tempered by the nagging feeling that others in the audience do no share my love of what is going on and will spend too much of their time chatting or playing on their phones.
Throughout this the audience was prety quiet and concentrated on the story. So much so that I was quiet surprised at how many people there actually were in cinema 2.

I followed that up with a dose of 'Miss Congeinialiyt 2'. A film I quite enjoyed at the cinema and still liked. How can you not like two hot ladies getting all actioned up. Sandra Bullock is great if only because she doesn't take herself seriously and she does look pretty foxy in a black suit and white shirt. Regina King is no slouch either.

Currently listening to Night Ranger's 'Dawn Patrol'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home